How Can You Help?
There are many ways you can help The Friends of Barr Lake accomplish their goals and continue to support education, recreation, and conservation activities at the park.
- Donate to the Bergman Barn Renovation Project. Click here to read more.
- Donate – If you would like to support a special event, or you want to say “thank you” for a great time you had at the park, donations are always appreciated! And they are made securely through PayPal. Friends of Barr Lake appreciates the generosity of all of our donors. Donations made via Facebook, through the Friends of Barr Lake website, or other means are deposited into the Friends general operating fund. The Friends’ Board of Directors decides the appropriate usage of all funds in the general operating fund. Through your donation, you help promote the mission of Friends of Barr Lake, which is education, recreation, and conservation at Barr Lake State Park.
- Volunteer – Friends can always use some extra help before, during, and after special events. Every event takes hours of preparation. Handling parking and directing visitors is vitally important. Clean-up is, of course the return of the park to it’s former condition.
- Volunteer at fundraising events. Those are usually a lot of fun, so volunteering is lots of fun, too!
- Endowments – Some of our neighbors have set aside funds for Friends of Barr Lake in their estates. This is a wonderful way to ensure that your legacy and your love of Barr Lake goes on.
- Shop at smile.amazon.com. Honor us by choosing Friends of Barr Lake as your favorite charity and Amazon will donate a percentage of every purchase to FOBL.
- Join Friends of Barr Lake!
- Being a member of Friends of Barr Lake has a few perks!
- Membership includes
- An online newsletter
- A Friends membership pin
- Invitation to special Friends only events
- 20% off in the Barr Lake Bookstore
Corporate members will be listed in our newsletter, and logos will be placed on this web site.
Your membership & donations may be tax deductible.
- Birthday Parties at the Park – while these parties don’t generate a lot of funds for the Friends of Barr Lake, they do bring children to the park who might not have been there before. Those kids will likely go home and tell their parents all about their experience, and that may prompt them to become a member of FOBL and spend more time at the park. Maybe even become volunteers!