21st Annual Fall Birding Festival
Saturday, September 7th, 7am-1pm
Fly over to Barr Lake State Park to celebrate the fall bird migration, an experience worth sharing with others. Be entertained at this festive community event filled with food, fun, and lore, something for everyone. Admission per vehicle is an $8 daily or an annual parks pass. Enjoy events at the festival including:
- Free snacks
- Witness live migratory songbirds in the hand at the Education and Bird Banding Station from 7-11am
- Explore bird habitat on a guided walk with some of the region’s best birders, 7, 8, 9 & 10am. See the schedule at the event for sign language and Spanish interpreter tours.
- Ride the Eagle Express for a driving tour of the wildlife refuge at 7:30am, 9:00am, 10:30am and 12:30pm. (Reservation required.)
- View many live raptors up close from 9am-12pm
- Create fun kids’ crafts from 9am-1pm
- Brighten your good looks with the help of a face painter
- Experience educational booths; representatives of governmental and private entities will present information, discuss ideas, and answer questions from 9am-12pm
- Participate in kid-centric Bird Olympics, which includes “What is Your Wingspan?”, “Bird Hurdles” and “The Migration Game”. 9am – 1pm
- Discover the art of bird feeding & watching while exploring great birding supplies from 9am-12pm
- Shop: 20% off all clothing and bookstore items
Click on the poster below to download a copy to print for your office or home.